Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day


Wow. This Sunday is Mother's Day and it means so much to me. It means that I'm here, alive and kickin it! We've been living life fully, together, and everyday has been a "mother's day" for me. Granted, some are better than others.......but i got em! I look at my kids differently since surviving cancer. Before, cancer, it was easy "not" to see them, life blocked the view. I see clearly now. Everything is in focus. I see them as little human beings, amazing creations of God with big hearts that truly don't have a mean bone in their bodies. They're growing into teenagers now. That's scary but still fun. I read somewhere that children come into our lives to teach us........teach us how to love, live, care and become better people. I can say, my kids have taught me tons and all of it good. I'm a better person because i had children and for that.........i live. Jake and Jesse were my inspiration to fight the good fight. My job is to make sure they walk down their wedding aisle happy, well adjusted, loving people. Their successes in life are mine, too. We're a team. I can't imagine living without them. I had to be here for them and for all their life journeys when they want me around. I can't wait to hear the cries of my first grandchild. How precious life is, how wonderful and what an amazing honor to live it, fully and compassionately with my two greatest joys.......Jake & Jess........I love you immensely. Thank you for all our days together. I'm blessed to have you. xoxoxo Mama ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment